Conditions & Treatments
IV Vitamin Therapy - Meyers Cocktail
This treatment was pioneered by John Meyers, M.D. a physician from Baltimore, Maryland. He used intravenous vitamins and minerals as part of the overall treatment of various medical problems. Dr. Alan Gaby, M.D. took over the care of Dr. Meyers' patients after his passing in 1984 and began using a modified version of his IV regimen. He found this treatment was helpful for a wide range of clinical conditions often producing dramatic results, enhancing their overall well-being. There has only been a small amount of published research supporting the use of this treatment. One trial was the treatment of musculoskeletal pain syndromes including Fibromyalgia.
IV magnesium alone has been reported to be effective against migraines, depression and chronic pain. In recent years, double blind studies have shown IV magnesium can rapidly abort acute asthma attacks.
It has found to be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of clinical conditions.
Conditions treated using IV vitamin/ infusion therapy mineral - modified Meyers Cocktail
- Lymes Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Migraine Headaches
- Hangover Headaches
- Chronic Urticaria
- Muscle Spasms
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Seasonal Allergies
- Treatment and prevention of flu
- Chronic Illnesses
- Cancer- to help your immune system (not a cure for cancer)
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Alzheimers Disease
- Parkinsons Disease
- Wound healing and post-operative recovery
- Weight loss
- Diabetic Nerve Pain
- Increase athletic performance
- Autoimmune Diseases
What should I expect during treatment?
- Skin will be cleansed with alcohol.
- An IV catheter will be placed in your arm/hand.
- You may lay down or sit up during treatment. Your IV will be connected to a bag of IV fluids plus the vitamins/minerals recommended by the physician.
- After treatment is completed the catheter will be removed and a pressure bandage placed. Vital signs will be taken before and after treatment.
- Please note that this is considered an alternative medicine treatment and no guarantees of results are being made.
Why intravenous treatment?
- IV administration of nutrients can achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral or intramuscular administration
Are there any adverse effects?
- Side effects may include a sensation of heat, hypotension phlebitis at site of injection, burning sensation, anaphylactic reaction to Thiamine if used.
How long will I have to do treatment?
- Number of treatments will depend on your medical condition and individual response x1 session per week is recommended x10 weeks; if there has been significant improvement, treatment will be reduced appropriately.
What is the cost for treatment?
These treatments are not considered "conventional" and are not covered by insurance.
- Initial evaluation will cost $350. No treatment will be rendered at this visit. This visit is to obtain your medical history and to customize your IV treatment plan. The initial visit can be anywhere from 1-2 hours.
- Each IV treatment will cost $150. You may pay the fee at the time the services are rendered or put down a larger payment to be deducted each visit.
- Bloodwork may be recommended which will be submitted through your insurance
How long is each session?
- Anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour
Archives of Internal Medicine - 2011, 2004
American Journal of Epidemiology - Dec 2017, vol. 27 Issue 12
Journal Urology - 1997 Mar.,
Archives of Dermatology, 2007
Nature Genetics, 2001
Journal EYE, 2005 review
Natural Institute of Arthritis Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease
Journal Chest, Jan 2004 vol. 25